||Feasibility Study and Preliminary Design of Doubling Track System for Transport and Logistics Management (Phase I)
||Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning (OTP)
| Project Value:
||Bath 7,450 millions
|June 2009 – December 2010
|Project scope :
||State Railway of Thailand (SRT) services over a single line Network of about 4,044 km. route-length with only 143 km. and 107 km. of double track and triple track respectively. As line Capacity is approaching it limit, additional tracks are required to
cope with the large number of trains that SRT plans to operate in the future to serve the growing need of SRT. Office of transport and traffic policy and planning (OTP), therefore, has plan for extension of the doubling track for transport and logistics management in phase I as follow:
- 400 km. track doubling development.
- 80 Stations improvement.
- Signaling and telecommunication improvement.
- 500 locations of road crossing improvement.
- New ICD and 8 container yards development.
| Accomplishments :
- Project Feasibility Study.
- Economic and Financial Analysis.
- Project Environmental and Social Impact Study.
- Public Relations and Participation.
- Project Cost Estimation Technical Requirement and Preliminary Design.